The IK Multimedia iLoud MTM – High Resolution Compact Studio Monitor (Single) is a compact high-resolution studio monitor designed to deliver accurate, uncoloured sound for professional recording studios, project studios, and broadcast applications. IK Multimedia’s patent-pending Physical Response Linearization (PRL) system uses a precise model of the enclosure’s design, construction and materials, combined with electro-mechanical measurements of the real units, to correct the system’s performance in real-time, which results in a flat frequency response, accurate phase, and a firm, balanced bass output that competes with other monitors that are twice the size.
The MTM features a 100W Class-D bi-amplifier which drives 70W to the two 3.5″ high-performance woofers and 30W to the single, back-chambered silk-dome tweeter, which combine for a frequency response of 40 Hz to 24 kHz and a maximum SPL output of 103 dB. The iLoud MTM offers built-in acoustic self-calibration via the included ARC reference microphone, which automatically adjusts the built-in DSP for true phase-coherency and precise, defined point-source sound. The rear panel also offers options to further customise user settings including LF extension, LF boost/cut, and HF boost/cut.
The included tilt mount allows you to set an angle from 0° to 20°, which helps isolate the dispersion away from flat surfaces, such as desktops or mixing boards. A horizontal bass is also provided and includes a bottom thread to mount to mic stands for more installation options. The IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Monitor includes the ARC microphone, an ARC mic cable, a power cord, a tilt stand, a horizontal support, and a locking key.
- Designed for accurate sound focus and controlled sound dispersion.
- Two 3.5” high-performance polypropylene woofers.
- Single 1” back-chamber loaded silk dome tweeter.
- 100W 2-way bi-amped speaker with Class-D amplifiers.
- 103 dB max SPL.
- Flat 40 Hz to 24 kHz frequency response.
- Coherent phase response within +/-15° from 200 Hz to 24 kHz.
- XLR-1/4″ combo input, -10 dBv or +4 dBu selectable sensitivity.
- AEQ controls: LF extension, LF boost/cut, HF boost/cut.
- Automatic environment calibration with included ARC measurement microphone.
- Compact dimensions for easy positioning even in the smallest place.
- Multiple positioning with included 20° tilt range insulation base, horizontal base, and built-in mic stand thread.
|Monitor Type||Active 2-Way|
|Power Rating||100 W RMS|
|Drivers||LF Driver: 2 x 3.5″ / 88.9 mm Polypropylene Woofer
HF Driver: 1 x 1″ / 25.4 mm Silk Dome Tweeter
LF Amplifier: Class-D Rated at 70 W RMS
HF Amplifier: Class-D Rated at 30 W RMS
|Frequency Range||40 Hz to 24 kHz ± 3 dB|
|Frequency Response||40 Hz to 24 kHz ± 3 dB|
|Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL)||103 dB|
|Crossover Frequency||High-Pass Frequency: 3.1 kHz|
|I/O||1 x Combo XLR / 1/4″ Balanced Female Analogue Input
1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TS Unbalanced Female Analogue Input
|Computer Interface||1 x USB Type-B|
|AC Input Power||90 to 240 VAC at 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||120 W (Maximum)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||10.4 x 6.3 x 5.1″ / 264.2 x 160.0 x 129.5 mm (Active Speaker)|
|Weight||5.5 lb / 2.5 kg (Each)|