Since it first appeared in the 1930s, the concise, clear content of the best-selling A Tune A Day series has revolutionised music-making in the classroom and the home.
For the first time, C Paul Herfurth's original books have been completely rewritten with new music and the latest instrumental technique for a new generation of musicians.
The A New Tune A Day books have the same logical, gentle pace, and keen attention to detail, but with a host of innovations: the inclusion of an audio CD - with actual performances and backing tracks - will make practice even more fun and exciting, and the explanatory diagrams and photographs will help the student to achieve the perfect technique and tone.
- Advice on equipment
- Instructions for an effective embouchure and a comfortable posture
- Explanatory section on reading music
- Easy-to-follow lessons on clear, uncluttered pages
- Audio with a virtuoso performance, backing tracks and audio examples
- Great music including duets and rounds
- Tests to check progress and comprehension
- Useful pull-out chart giving all first position fingerings