Kala KA-SSTU-C Concert Travel Ukulele & Gig Bag
The Kala KA-SSTU-C travel ukulele in concert size is an interesting uke to add to your collection. The key thing about it is that it performs well, and is not just a novelty - and is practical in that the thinline body will take up less space if you are on the move. True, a regular concert ukulele isn't exactly the biggest thing on earth, but if you are packing a suitcase, this KA-SSTU-C gives you a bit more space, and is less prone to damage by crazed airport baggage handling staff.
This travel ukulele has a solid spruce top, a lovely arched back and at the thickest point, the body is just 1.5" deep. You'd think that the tone would be seriously hampered by this thin body but it is suprisingly loud. The combination of the Aquila strings and solid spruce gives a bright tone, with decent sustain. Obviously Kala have really got the design spot on to squeeze every drip of sound out of this travel uke.
Usually when a ukulele is sold with a gig bag included from the manufacturer, this means you'll get the worst, thinnest bag imaginable - but thankfully that is not the case here, and a well made gig bag with 10mm padding is included in the price.
Kala KA-SSTU-C Concert Travel Ukulele Specifications :
• 14-7/8 Concert Scale (Distance from Nut to Saddle)
• 24-3/8 Overall body length 11
• Body length 6
• Upper Bout 8-1/4
• Lower Bout 5
• Waist Slim Concert Thinline body 1 -1 Arched Back Body depth
• 1-3/8 At Nut
• Solid Spruce top Mahogany back and sides
• Binding is black,white black white with black rosette
• Mahogany neck with Rosewood fingerboard and Bridge
• 18 Silver nickel frets
• Position marks on top and side of fingerboard
• Synthetic bone nut and saddle
• Die-Cast Chrome tuners with black buttons
• Satin Finish
• Logo Travel Bag included
• Aquila strings